Powerful Herd Management Software
FarmWizard’s Beef Manager is aimed at beef farmers who are looking for an easy to use but powerful web based solution to maintain herd records and assess herd performance.
Beef and herd management can get very complex especially if the farmer owns many cattle. This is where FarmWizard’s Beef Manager Application comes in handy and plays a huge role in effectively and conveniently speeding up processes. Since 2004 until now, over one thousand farmers across the UK have started to use the application.
The Benefits of FarmWizard’s Herd Management Software
- Download Cattle Data Easily – All herd details can be downloaded from APHIS/BCMS. Users don’t have to waste time manually adding data. Customers outside the UK may submit spread sheets with existing data for import.
- Register Cattle – Register births, deaths and stillborns with automatic pass-through to APHIS/BCMS (UK only) if requested.
- Manage Cattle Movement – Easily record animal movements into and out of the herd as well as sales from APHIS/BCMS (UK Only).
- Farm Quality Assurance Records – Record medical purchases, feedstuffs and animal treatments for the herd.
- Create Custom Reports – Custom-design reports with sorting facilities to analyse herd data effectively.
- DARD Accepted Herd Register – No need for manual/paper records of the herd register. Beef Manager makes it easy to share online records and herd reports.
- Analyse Weighing and Pricing Info – users can record cattle weighing and pricing information on their herds and use this to analyse daily live weight gain and turnover per head – allowing for more informed business decisions.
- Calculate Beef Costs – Set up per-head and per-day costs on a herd or group basis and create what-if scenarios to calculate break-even costs if animals kept in herd for specific time periods.
- Suckler Breeding Records – Record and manage breeding information for the suckler herd.
- Mobile Phone Interface – Record weighing information by mobile phone text message and retrieve information such as price, weight and age of individual animals in real time.
- Personal Digital Assistant Option – Record and access herd information using a handheld computer or Windows mobile phone.
- Record Carcass Information – Record results from abattoir to keep track of animal and herd carcass quality.
- Electronic ID Data Collection – Integrate with Electronic ID equipment to collect performance data on tagged animals. Use an EID scanner to view performance data – FarmWizard integrates with Gallagher, TruTest and Iconix weighing equipment.
Additional functions and communal platforms on Beef Manager include:
- Village Hall – A community-of-interest message board for users.
- Market Square – A community sales mart for agricultural items.
- Farm Organiser – A function that allows users to maintain schedules and important appointments.